Below please find the safety measures to attend services at St. Paul's. These are the guidelines from St. Seraphim Cathedral.
We will begin to have Typica services starting July 19th.
In order to attend I need to know you are coming.
With the social distance required we can accommodate 15 people. There are strips of blue tape on the floor for family to stand/sit for the service.
I'm very excited for our parish to move toward a semblance of normalcy. While none of this is normal, it is what is necessary at this time.
1. You are not exhibiting any signs of sickness of any kind.
2. You are not suffering any chronic health problems.
3. You have not had contact with anyone who has COVID-19 in the last 14 days. Healthcare professionals working with COVID-19 patients are asked to remain home.
4. You have not attended another Orthodox Church service or other large gathering of people in the last 14 days.
5. You signed up for the Liturgy in advance. Those who arrive without signing up in advance will not be admitted.
6. You are wearing a cloth mask and continue to do so throughout the service. It is to be removed to receive Holy Communion. (Children under eight years of age are not required to wear a mask.)
7. You disinfect your hands with the sanitizer that we provide at the door. 8. You remain on the spot marked on the floor for physical distancing. Families are to stand close to one another. Children are to remain by their parents at all times.
9. You refrain from touching the holy icons, sacred vessels, or the priest's hand.
10. You depart promptly at the dismissal at the end of the service, not remaining to visit with anyone or taking children to the playground.
In Christ, Archimandrite Gerasim
Christ Is Risen!
Indeed He Is Risen!
Worshiping God in Spirit and Truth.
Saint Paul the Apostle Orthodox Church in Denison, Texas is part of the Diocese of the South, Orthodox Church In America which was born out of the work of Russian missionaries that arrived in Alaska in 1794. The Orthodox Church In America is part of the world wide communion of canonical Eastern Orthodox Christian churches that hold the Tradition given by Christ to the Apostles. Sister churches include the Russian Orthodox Church, the Greek Orthodox Church, the Antiochian Orthodox Church, the Romainian Orthodox Church and many others.
Saint Paul’s is a parish with a membership of life long Orthodox Christians and converts to the Orthodox faith. Although most of our members were born in America some were born in the Orthodox lands of eastern Europe. English is the language used in all of the services.